Monday, September 21, 2020

Ellen Degeneres’ First Monologue Of The Season Addresses Toxic Workplace Rumors Head On

Ellen Degeneres’ talk show has been plagued by rumors of workplace discrimination and creating a toxic work environment. The Ellen Show returned today and the host addressed everything.

Ellen actually started her show with a monologue which she often does. However, this wasn’t a funny speech that viewers were used to.

She spoke on what happened behind-the-scenes as well as how the show will be moving forward.

‘There are a lot of things I want to talk about. I’ve been looking forward to addressing it all directly, and unfortunately talking directly to people has been illegal for six months. As you may have heard, this summer there were allegations of a toxic work environment at our show and then there was an investigation. I learned that things happened here that never should have happened. I take that very seriously and I want to say I am so sorry to the people who were affected. I know that I’m in a position of privilege and power and I realized that with that comes responsibility, and I take responsibility for what happens at my show.’

She also talked about being known as the Be Kind lady after industry insiders exposed her for not being a ‘kind’ person in real life.

‘Being known as the ‘Be Kind’ lady is a tricky position to be in. The truth is, I am that person that you see on TV. I am also a lot of other things.’

She explained that she took that phrase on after a gay man took his life after being bullied.

‘Sometimes I get sad, I get mad, I get anxious, I get frustrated, I get impatient. And I am working on all of that. I am a work in progress. I am especially working on the impatience thing and it’s not going well because it’s not happening fast enough, I’ll tell ya that.’

It was also announced that the show’s DJ, Twitch, has been promoted to EP after two were fired.



from RSSMix.com Mix ID 8291209 https://ift.tt/32QocfW

No comments:

Post a Comment